What happens at a SpeechEasy evaluation?
This is one of the most commonly asked questions that we receive here at SpeechEasy. During an evaluation our Providers have been trained to help give you an accurate assessment of your stuttering and the effect SpeechEasy has on it. Yes, you get to try a real SpeechEasy to see how it may benefit you.
But, there is more to an evaluation than that.
As professionally certified Speech Language Pathologists our Providers want to make sure that SpeechEasy is the best therapy option for you. Although evaluation experiences will differ, here are some of the recommended steps we train our Provider to include:
- A frank discussion about your past experiences and therapy. This helps make sure you and your fluency goals are realistic and attainable.
- A review of how the choral speech signal that SpeechEasy utilizes works for most people who stutter.
- A baseline assessment of your fluency without SpeechEasy in reading and monologue.
- An assessment of your fluency with a SpeechEasy device and a discussion of changes in fluency noted.
- Programming of the device to ascertain the most beneficial delay and pitch settings for maximum fluency for you.
- A professional recommendation from your Provider as whether SpeechEasy is the right option for your stuttering management.
- A discussion about the various models and which would be most appropriate for you should you choose to purchase.
- A summary about funding options may be discussed with your Provider but many times these can be reviewed with us here at SpeechEasy as well. Remember – there is never an obligation to purchase a device, but we want to make sure you are clear on all funding options.
The decision to begin the process and see if SpeechEasy is right for you begins with the investment in this valuable time with one of our Providers. There are over 110 caring Providers located throughout the United States who are ready to help you make a decision about your fluency options. We’ll be glad to help you set up an appointment.
Get $500 off SpeechEasy Comfort Fit model now!
Our current promotion, Let’s Talk Fluency, is currently underway! During this promotion, we are offering $500 off our most popular model – the Comfort Fit. Over 80% of our clients choose this model as the type of device for them.
This offer ends June 30th so make sure that you get connected with a Provider and get your SpeechEasy evaluation scheduled.
We are here to help so let us know how we can serve you.